Hi, I’m James!
And becoming a professional media buyer changed my life!
Five years ago I was working in the blistering sun, while cleaning out septic tanks that belonged to passengers on trains all across California. I had no clue what paid traffic was.
Now, I have the best job ever: I run my own ad agency, spend time with my two boys (Sean & Ross) & get to work from anywhere in the world.
So how did I manage to succeed in a crowded industry that’s constantly evolving?
It all started back in 2017 when I found a mentor, who showed me the ropes and taught me how to think like a marketer. Then, I spent thousands of hours sharpening my skills and developing my traffic system.
From there, I profitably ran over $100’s of Thousands of dollars in ads and helped others leave their 9-5 struggles, to doing the same. I now successfully run a few companies of my own, and get to have dinner every night with my family, while planning family vacations any time of the year. (Not bad, huh?!)
And as the Main Teacher at Sharp Marketing, I have taught many marketers how to improve their advertising. That’s when it hit me: while media buying is my craft — and I love it — teaching is my passion.
Now, I want to teach you the things I learned that sharpened my skills, So you can succeed as a Media Buyer in any industry or market.
Sick of the hype and empty promises when it comes to Digital Marketing?
– Want to know how to beat the competition when everyone else’s CPA’s are skyrocketing?
– Want to create marketing systems that become Second Nature to you?
– Want a Marketing lifestyle as opposed to a hobby?
– Don’t have 16 weeks to learn like other courses tell you?
– Are you prepared for the next platform change?
We don’t know when it will happen, but we do know at SOME POINT another ios fire will start, or more things implemented that will make young blooming marketers like yourself give up on your dream.
Could that be in 2022 also?
During the recent fallout between apple and facebook our strategies have continued to have success in our accounts. Not only did we see success, we doubled, because of all the marketers falling away.
As media buyers, we rely on our ability to ROI on our ad spend — not sometimes, not that one time, but all the time.
When I ask people what’s stopping them from getting the results they want from paid traffic, here’s what they list as their biggest challenges:
- PROBLEM 1:“Platforms are changing too fast, and as soon as I learn something that information becomes obsolete.”
- PROBLEM 2:“Media costs are rising, and I’m struggling to manage my budget, and it has started to become a financial burden for me”
- PROBLEM 3:“Campaigns need ongoing maintenance, and I just don’t have the time to be in ads manager all day”
- PROBLEM 4:“I have started several ad accounts and after I have got things going my account gets banned”
- PROBLEM 5:“Trial and error is so expensive, and what I lose in funds and missed opportunities is not sustainable.”
But when I give a consultation or start with a new client, I see that their real problem is almost always the same: a lack of process.
Which is great, because I know that I can offer a solution: through my daily, weekly and monthly routines, which I’ve crafted over thousands of hours, I strengthen their campaigns and improve account management.
I’m going to be transparent with you, if your ad account is failing there are 12 different things you can do to turn everything around. I’m going to give you half of them right now:
1.Research your avatars so you understand your audience and know where they’re hanging out.
You must learn to think like your audience to be able to think like a marketer! Which mean get inside of their head. Too many marketers today, miss out on their avatar because they are looking for where their avatar has been, but not where they are going? Predicting their next move is the difference between a day of profit and months of profit!
2. Write copy and develop creative that connects with your prospects and speaks to their pain points.
I see this problem far too often! Unless you’re running ads for a large corporation (still not okay) you should never run cold sounding ads. What i mean is your copy should relate to the individual whose attention you’re trying to catch. Instead of speaking to people’s wallets you must learn to speak to their heart.
3. Target the right people at the right time with structured campaigns and the correct budget.
We here at Sharp Marketing like to take a holistic approach to marketing, but we are huge on laying a correct foundation with every account. If the foundation is off, the budgets you insert will be off.
4. Build your funnels and retarget your audiences using a dependable, systemized strategy.
Like we said in no. 3 if the foundation is off, the budget is off. The same rings true for your retargeting.
5. Track the important metrics
Accurately interpret your data so you can optimize and scale your campaigns.
6. Learn from your experience.
Many people don’t quite know where they are going, because they have yet to retrace where they have been. Many times marketers are throwing money in the right areas, but in only one way. In order to really expand you must first check your accounts to see where you have already peaked and look for opportunities to spread out.
And in Smarter Marketing I teach you all of my techniques, tools, and structures step by step, so you can profit from your ad spend no matter what else is going on in the traffic landscape.
All YOU need to do is commit to learning and implementing the material.